9 Nov 2009

Birds, Birds, Birds

The red -winged black cockatoos stopped visiting about a month ago, but before they went, I managed to get shots of their red tails.
Above, a female taking off from a branch, showing her striped tail.
The males have solid red tails.
Two females, with the male on the right.
The females also have speckled bodies. Here one eats the green berry off my tree (I don't know what tree it is, though). They seem happy to be eating it green and unripe; these berries will turn red later. There are a couple of berries hanging from the branch in the top right corner.
Now that they're gone, the rainbow lorikeets have replaced them.

The tree of mine is very popular with birds.

Today, in the shade of the tree I found this:
They live and die in this tree.
On my driveway a few feet away, ants are polishing off it's thigh bone.

No comments:

Post a Comment