30 Aug 2018

Toodyay Wildflowers

I think we haven't visited Toodyay since the boys were little, but a couple of days ago, we heard that they are having a bumper crop of wildflowers as this August has been the wettest since 1965.
Toodyay isn't too far away, just about 100 km from us.
On the way, we stopped at Noble falls, a little waterfall by the road for Ripper to take a comfort break.

This old mill is what I remember Toodyay most for:
I took a few photos of some of the local buildings on the main street:


And then we drove off in search of the wildflowers.




These pink everlastings were the most spectacular, and we also drove along some tracks to see what else were on offer.
We found these termite mounds along the bush track (our car in the background).



It was a good day trip, and Ripper behaved well.


6 comments:

  1. Lovely! Heard so much about WA wild flowers but yet to visit the place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my!!! What a beautiful place! Oooo...the waterfall...and I love those buildings on the main street...and of course, the wild flowers. Such vibrant colours!!! I would love to visit such places.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a pretty town, but gets quite hot in summer, I think.

      Delete
  3. wow you have POWERFUL camera dear friend!
    thank you for making me feel as i was with you there
    such a natural beauty you have around you
    marvelous buildings indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed this, baili.

      Delete