31 Dec 2021

New Year New Gear

My Macbook Pro was bought in 2011, and is now over 10 years old, a dinosaur in technological terms.

Recently my younger son had the opportunity to acquire a 2017 Macbook Pro, with 16 gig RAM and a 2 terabyte SSD, and asked me if I would like that as a Christmas present.

Of course, I jumped at the chance.

The new laptop

As with any new laptop, compatibility problems with existing hardware and software arose.  This time it is with my aging 2008 vertical mouse - the Evoluent.

The 13 year old Evoluent Vertical Mouse - with all its grottiness and battle scars.

Not only does the driver not work with the new OS, but I had also been putting up with a few of the buttons not working for the past year or two.

A new Evoluent, with the current exchange rate and postage costs, would amount close to A$250 - way too much to pay for a mouse!

Instead, I bought myself a Logitech vertical mouse, and so far have been very happy with it.

Logitech MX Vertical Mouse

My Desk Setup - keyboard is from 2002!



No comments:

Post a Comment