27 Jul 2015

DIY Progress Report

I started on the chair weaving about 2 weeks ago.

After going on for a little while on the first chair, I realised I was going a little crooked and would end up with a hole in the middle.

So I had to undo the whole thing and start again.
The second time around seemed a little easier after the initial experience and took about seven hours to complete the chair (over two days).
 I then did the second chair in about six hours, also over two days.
Looks a little rough, but it'll do.  One of the first ozzie sayings I first learnt when I came over is: "Near enough is good enough".  And that will do for me.

You may remember the vegie seedlings that grandson R gave to me.

They have grown over the 5 or 6 weeks that I have planted them.
From top to bottom they are some kind of lettuce, chinese cabbage, and spinach.

Whilst I was planting these, I remembered that in the '80s, I used to plant snow peas in winter.

I got some seeds, rigged up a climbing frame and planted these as well.
Should get some snow peas to eat soon.

8 comments:

  1. You are a real talent

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. All credit to YouTube.

      Delete
    2. Move over, YouTube. Here comes the Master Weaver.

      Delete
    3. Haha, this is the second skill I picked up from YouTube. The first is how to express my dog's anal glands. The vet used to charge me $25 each time it had to be done. Saved quite a bit of money!

      Delete
  2. Your useful skills are able to keep you occupied contributing much to a sence of well-being especially as one enters the senior years . Well done Arthur 8-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, sweetee. But soon I'll run out of chairs to repair!

      Delete
  3. Chairs look good. I bet you are blessed with a lot of patience and skillful fingers - I don't think I can manage that. LOL!!! Lovely greens - I don't have green fingers either - everything I planted died. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mainly, concentration is needed; if your mind wanders, you'll make a mistake which you'll discover later on and then have to undo and go back. That wastes a lot of time.

      Delete