26 Oct 2019

Devil's Workshop

... or, the idle hands of an aging retiree.

I saw some lock picking sets on eBay for about $20 and couldn't resist buying one.

It came with a multitude of tools ...
... and a handy transparent lock to practice on.  With this, you can watch the pins click into place as you pick the lock.
Of all the tools, I have had some success with these ones.  The top one, called the rake, is the easiest to use for cheap unsophisticated locks.   I watch the LockPickingLawyer on YouTube for inspiration.

The grandchildren came over for the school holidays, and what better way to bond with grandpa than to have a good old lock picking session.

I aspire to be a modern day Fagin with my own gang of lock picking urchins.

6 comments:

  1. Very interesting. I will go into Ebay to get one. I'm sure that my grandchildren will enjoy the fun and the skill to join the Fagin gang. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, TK. Glad you're joining the gang.

      Delete
  2. where did you get those set? it looks cool

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. puput, I got it from eBay. Search for "lock pick set".

      Delete
  3. Wow...the lock picking sets looks cool especially the handy transparent lock...I should get one for my grandchildren...good experience..

    ReplyDelete
  4. seem cool,i should get one to have fun with it

    ReplyDelete